This will likely be an earnest, though potentially infrequently updated, account of my adventures, tribulations,
and everyday experiences as I spend two years working as an environmental Peace Corps volunteer in Fiji

You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pictures! ...I hope

All of our luggage taking up the lobby of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in LA. Only a few hours shy of departure!


Dan accepting his first bilo of grog (a drink made from mixing water with ground kava). This was at our first welcoming ceremony or sevusevu where we met all of the PC staff.
 
    
My personal first aid kit. Maybe I should give them some tips... ;)



The site of our water safety training! A little cloudy but tropical ocean none the less!
Ok so maybe I stole this idea from some old friends... but that doesn't make it any less true!

 Sorry to cut it short here but this computer is infuriatingly slow and I have to get back to class. I will do my best to get up actual pictures of my house and village (which seemingly have gone MIA from my jump stick)... 

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! Love the FA Kit picture. My guess is you'll have trouble drawing a diagram of where all the stuff goes though!

    ReplyDelete